The Chester Congregational Church (originally the Union Meeting House), was built in 1828 and is an elaborate example of a Federal style meeting house in Chester, Vermont. The union ownership lasted only until c.1843, when the Congregationalists purchased the shares held by the other denominations, thus making the church strictly Congregational.
The five-stage tiered clock and bell tower sits above a three-bay entrance pavilion of flush-board siding. A semi-elliptical fanlight is located in the pediment, along with the three above the entry doors. The building remains as one of the best examples of a traditional New England meetinghouse, later painted a bright white as seen in nearly all rural towns and villages.