Located in North Square in the North End, not far from the Paul Revere House, is this gorgeous apartment building. When the North End flourished in the late 19th century, many small wood-frame dwellings were replaced with larger brick apartment buildings. This structure was developed in 1895 by Antonio Solari, a fruit dealer who resides in one of the units. He and his brother emigrated to Boston from Italy in 1871 and opened up a fruit store in the South End called “Solari Brothers”.
The brick building is most notable for the copper oriels with decorative festoons on them.