Located at the end of Westwood Road, facing Central Street in the Spring Hill neighborhood of Somerville is the gorgeous Somerville Museum (Somerville Historical Society). The Museum building is a two-story Federal Revival building, executed in red brick, with brick quoins at its
corners. The front façade has an enclosed pediment, with a circular window in the middle. The centrally placed double entry doors on Central Street are surmounted by a fanlight with interlaced mullions and has a Federal Revival pedimented surround.
In 1897, a group of businessmen, religious, social, cultural, educational and municipal leaders came together to found the Somerville Historical Society with many of these founding members were descendants of the original settlers. Between 1925 and 1929, the building was built as place for the members to meet and organize their artifacts and library. Designed by George Loring and William Dykeman, the building is a very well-preserved example of the Federal Revival style.