The Hunt Memorial Library was built in 1903 thanks to a $50,000 gift to the City of Nashua by Mrs. Mary A. Hunt and her daughter, Mary E. Hunt in memory of John M. Hunt, City Postmaster from 1820 to 1841. Hunt’s widow and daughter selected N.H. born architect Ralph Adams Cram and his fledgling new firm in the late 19th century to design a library that would honor her love. The firm did not disappoint with the Gothic Revival library building. The contrasting red brick with light limestone work seamlessly on the building’s many features from the three-story tower with clock to the reading room with its parapet and gorgeous leaded glass windows. As Nashua’s population boomed after WWII with suburban-type growth, the library was outgrown, and due to little space for expansion on the triangular lot, a new library was built just blocks away. The building was converted to additional city offices and now can be rented for functions and events.