This Colonial Revival home facing the corner of Dean Road and Druce Street was built in 1907 for Stewart and Mary Stewart in the Fisher Hill area of Brookline. Mr. and Mrs. Stewart were friends of Walter H . Kilham, senior partner in the firm of Kilham & Hopkins, who designed this home for them. Stewart was an attorney who worked at Choate, Hall & Stewart law firm (still active) in Boston. The architectural firm of Kilham & Hopkins designed a large number of residences and schools in and around Brookline, where Kilham lived. The Stewart House is an excellent example of their historically sensitive interpretations of Colonial Revival style design. Of particular note with this home is the large, arched stair-hall window over the front door and the entry treatment.