The South Tunbridge Methodist Church, built in 1833 in South Tunbridge, Vermont is one of the finest ecclesiastical examples of the late Federal style in the state. Until construction of the church in 1833, the fledgling Methodist community in Tunbridge had met at what was called “the old parsonage,” a house just to the north of this church. Land was acquired and a sum of $1,500 was raised through the sale of pews and construction began in the spring of 1833. The distinctive church is constructed of red brick with two entrances flanking the central bay. The upper windows are capped with sunburst masonry lunettes which mimic the Federal fanlights synonymous with the style. The gable roof is capped with a square clapboarded tower housing the belfry.